A smile makeover is a personalized treatment plan that may involve anything from teeth whitening and veneers to dental implant restorations. It can benefit people who have cosmetic or functional dental difficulties or who want to improve the appearance of their smile. At Auburn Dental Center in Bakersfield, California, we provide a complete smile makeover for a complete smile change.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Smile makeovers are dental procedures that are used to improve the appearance of your teeth and gums. They are primarily used to correct teeth that are crooked, uneven, discolored, chipped, broken, gapped, or missing.
Although smile makeovers are primarily intended to address common cosmetic flaws, as your dental practitioners, we may also propose treatments to address bite or alignment difficulties.
What Problems Can a Smile Makeover Address?
The vast majority of treatments can improve tooth color, spacing, alignment, minor structural faults, and shape. More invasive procedures might be used to repair damaged or missing teeth to restore a smile. Even the gum line can be sculpted to improve the overall appearance of the smile. The following dental issues can be remedied with a smile makeover:
- Teeth that are stained, discolored, or yellowed
- Teeth that are misaligned
- Teeth that are severely damaged
- Uneven gum line or gummy smile
What Can a Smile Makeover Do for You?
- Never again be embarrassed to smile without covering it with your hand.
- Improve both your oral and overall health. Gum tissue health is connected to an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Increase your self-esteem and well-being.
- Teeth that are easy to clean, floss, and care for have a lower chance of decay, infections, and unexpected dental crises.
What Are Your Options for a Smile Makeover?
- Teeth whitening can remove discoloration and stains from the teeth, resulting in a smile that is many shades brighter and whiter.
- With thin shells of superior-quality porcelain, dental veneers can conceal a wide range of cosmetic concerns.
- Dental crowns can strengthen the structure of a damaged tooth while also improving the appearance of the smile.
- Dental implants can help replace lost or severely damaged teeth with the functional repair that looks natural.
- Gum recontouring can make teeth appear longer and create a more balanced gumline.
- Cosmetic dental bonding uses tooth-colored composite resins to cover flaws and reshape teeth.